The International Indian Statistical Association (IISA) will have a number of activities at the JSM 2016.
- IISA Sponsored Sessions (see below)
- Monday, 07/31/2016, 6:00 - 7:30p: IISA Executive Board meeting (EB members and invited guests only)
- Sunday, 07/31/2016, 7:30 - 9:30: IISA Group dinner (contributory) at Curry House (http://curryhouseonline.com/). Please sign up if you want to attend the IISA dinner. Cost around $30.00. A buffet dinner can be arranged if there is a strong interest.
- Monday, 08/01/2016, 6:00p - 8:30p: IISA General Body Meeting & Mixer (Open to all)
- 07/31 - 08/04/2016: IISA table - Need volunteers. http://doodle.com/poll/gs7i5as27hviitpd
The IISA Executive Committee recently became aware that the current publisher Elsevier has decided to discontinue its operations for the official journal of IISA, Statistical Methodology <http://intindstat.org/statmet> after 33 volumes as of 31st December 2016. At this point the possibility to submit new manuscripts has been temporarily suspended. The IISA Executive Committee is looking into this matter and also exploring other options to continue the operations of the official journal.
The 2016 IISA International Conference on Statistics
Statistical and Data Sciences: A Key to Healthy People, Planet and Prosperity
Co-organizer: Department of Statistics, Oregon State University
August 18-21, 2016
Venue: OSU Learning Innovation Center, Oregon State University, Corvaliis, OR 97331
Web: http://iisaconference.org/ Email: IISA2016@intindstat.org
The 2016 IISA Conference will be held in Corvallis, Oregon. It will bring together statisticians worldwide from academia, industry, government, and research institutes.
- Registration (for conference) is now available. Link: http://oregonstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9M0R1VRy78wzgix
- Abstract submission link: http://oregonstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6PDUz4eIuCr0YBf
Anyone who is interested in the objectives of the Association is welcome to become a member.
Membership Fees (Outside India): (Join)
- Life Membership Fee: $450.00 (US)
- Regular Annual Membership Fee: $50.00 (US)
- Student Annual Membership Fee: $15.00 (US) - Must pay by check/cash.
Membership Fees (For Resident Indians affiliated with Indian organizations) (Join)
- Life Membership Fee: INR 5000
- Regular Annual membership Fee: INR 500
The International Indian Statistical Association (IISA) is a non-profit organization. Its objectives are:
- to promote education, research and application of statistics and probability throughout the world with a special emphasis on the Indian subcontinent;
- to foster the exchange of information and scholarly activities between various countries as well as among other national/international organizations for the development of Statistical Science;
- to serve the needs of young statisticians;
- to encourage cooperative efforts among members in education, research, industry and business.